Monday, February 21, 2011

Where has the time gone....?



So apparently it has been quite sometime since I last posted anything to this blog....but seems how I have zero followers and do most of my internet blathering on Facebook, I'm not really sure why I am bothering to write a post on a blog that no one reads. Ah, but here I am. It's quite something when I sit back and think about how drastically my life has changed since I last wrote on this blog. I have become a Mother. I carried, gave birth to, and now chase around a very active little girl who is over a year old! Everyone tells you life will never be the same after you have a child. They tell you to cherish every moment you have because it goes by so quick. They tell you that children are so much work but are so worth the investment. They tell you someday you will look back and these will be the best days of your life. And as I scrub blueberry stains out of little pants, and pick up all 25 napkin rings for the third time this morning, and survey the messy little kingdom that is my house, I agree with them. Life isn't and never will be the same, and the time is just flying by, and I know that these are the best days of my life. So I will do my best to revel in them, and enjoy them. Crushed Cheerios, tantrums, dirty diapers and all.

3 comments:

ScrappySandie said...

Good for you, Emz! Lilly is one blessed little girl to have a great Mom like you!

Maribeth said...

i read it, emily :-) Thanks to the FB heads up! hope you're doing well!

Heidi Meek said...

lol love reading, you write well! I hope you kept the water trickling into the sink! I keep a bucket in the bathtub, chuck that frozen turk in there and have the water trickling and it thaws in no time!